Flipping an image in Canva is easy, and can be done with a couple of clicks. You can flip an image horizontally or vertically, or both!
How to Flip an Image in Canva
To flip an image in Canva:
- Select the image
- Click “Flip”
- Select “Flip horizontal” or “Vertical”
For instance, if I have the following batter and pitcher showdown, with a right-handed batter versus a left-handed throwing pitcher…
I can easily flip the two…
For a now left-handed batter and right-handed pitcher matchup!
BONUS: How to Flip Text in Canva
Now, this bonus is a nice tip, but its also relevant! Because the only way you can flip text in Canva is to convert it to an image first.
First, a caveat—you can easily rotate text so that it appears upside down. If thats the look you’re going for, then you don’t need to take any extra steps to turn text into an image.
(Check out this post on Canva text effects for the potential downside of doing so.)
So, to be able to actually flip text (so if vertical, it appears as a reflection rather than upside down text, you need to download the text as an image, and then upload so you can then “flip” the text to get your reflection.
1. Download your text as a PNG, and be sure to click the “transparent background (PNG only)” option. (Do know that this is only available in Canva Pro. at the moment).
2. Click to “upload” and then select the file you just downloaded in order to upload it back to Canva.
3. Add this new uploaded text image to your design.
4. Repeat the steps above to “flip” the text.
(Here’s this, too, if you need help creating a transparent image background in Canva.)
Hopefully that solves your issues, and happy to update this post with new info if there is something still tripping you up.